Distance and Recovery May Go Hand in Hand
At Fresh Start of California, we understand that detox and rehabilitation require clear intent, persistence, and an environment that supports recovery. The distance created in going to a recovery center far from home sometimes allows recovering addicts to have a better chance at success. When you are ready to start a new life, there are many things to consider in choosing a recovery center. A center far from home may be the best choice and the best chance in recovery.
The Orange County detox and rehabilitation specialists at Fresh Start of California are here to provide you with the support and professional help you need to recover from your addiction. If you need help in fighting your addiction, we are here for you.
How Distance Offers Strength in Recovery
The Benefits of going to a detox and rehabilitation center far from home include:
- Removal and distance from a harmful environment. The rituals of addiction often involve the process of obtaining the drug, the environment in which one uses it, and the using itself. Distance cuts the superficial ties to the visual and environmental cues that are part of addiction.
- Privacy during treatment. Regardless of living in a small town or a big city, word can travel fast when it is negativity-based. Unfortunately, because not all intentions are good, words can cut deeply when someone is fresh to recovery. Distance provides anonymity and privacy so that it creates an environment of healing rather than gossip or sabotage.
- Less access to escape and exit. Being miles from home makes it difficult to have an easy escape when you want to give up. Distance forms a “buffer zone” between sticking with recovery and running from sobriety.
- Get away from toxic friends or family. Distance can remove access to potential threats to your sobriety including family or friends. Toxic relationships can fuel addiction or can be the link that ties an addict to their substance of choice. A change in setting allows you to see the relationships you have with more clarity and gives you the chance to break free from toxic connections.
- Peace, quiet, and time alone. Recovery is hard work, so you will need to be able to focus, reflect, and heal. This work requires zero distractions and less chance of being thrown off course. Distance provides the environment for the hard work of recovery.
- New perspective. The travel to get to distant recovery centers offers new scenery in which to fight and a new perspective in which to thrive. Distance, in the form of going to an out-of-town recovery center, allows addicts to see beyond the negativity and hopelessness that exists in addiction.
Is Our Facility Your Orange County Rehabilitation Center?
If you are seeking detox and rehabilitation options in Orange County, Fresh Start of California may be the place for you. Our detox and rehabilitation doctors, nurses, counselors, and mentors can work with you to create your ideal rehabilitation support program so that you can heal, grow, and be successful in recovery. Wherever you go, creating distance from your past self will be an integral part of your rehabilitation and recovery.
Give yourself the gift of a new perspective. Call Fresh Start of California today.