What Does Alcohol Addiction Look Like?
Does someone you know appear to have a problem with alcohol? Are you wondering if you are addicted to alcohol? Alcohol addiction has many signs and symptoms, some may be stronger than others and some may depend on the severity of the addiction. Whether it is your loved one, yourself or someone you know, there are some universal signs of alcohol abuse that will help you make a determination. These signs will help you to know when you or a loved one needs help.
If you know you need help, or your loved one is ready to seek recovery, the time is now. Our addiction specialists at Fresh Start of California in Orange County can help you or your loved one through the detox and rehabilitation process.
We are available 24/7 to take your call. Call Fresh Start of California now.
5 Signs of Alcohol Addiction or Abuse
It is never too early to pay attention to the signs of alcohol abuse. Alcohol addiction can spiral out of control and seeing the warning signs just may save your loved one’s life. Although alcohol abuse may not yet reach the point of addiction or dependency, it is still important to watch for the signs and to get treatment when possible. One factor that determines the difference between abuse and addiction is the person’s ability to control when, where and how much he or she drinks. In addition, addiction is the point at which the body is physically dependent upon the substance to function due to prolonged exposure and bodily adaptation to the substance in the system.
What are the 5 signs of alcohol addiction?
- Experiencing legal problems due to drinking such as disorderly conduct, driving under the influence (DUI), drunk in public or other legal problems associated with alcohol use.
- Drinking despite its danger to life such as drinking and driving, drinking while taking medication, drinking despite doctor’s orders or drinking and operating heavy machinery.
- Drinking despite its damages on your relationships with family, your marriage, your friendships, and your business relationships.
- Drinking tolerance, meaning drinking more than most other people without feeling the effects of the alcohol, and drinking more than previously needed to feel the same effects.
- Feelings of withdrawal associated with lack of alcohol in the system such as shakes, vomiting, insomnia, irritability, depression, anger, sweating or loss of appetite.
When You Need Help, We Are Here.
If you recognize these signs in yourself or someone else, it is time to get help. There is no better time than right now to reach out and save your life or the life of a loved one. Fresh Start of California in Orange County has the facility, medical and psychological professionals and support that can guide a person through recovery and into a new life. We are here to help you or your loved one with the alcohol detox process and through rehabilitation. Addiction does not have to be the end.
If you see behavior that indicates addiction, don’t wait until it is too late. Call the team at Fresh Start of California today.