COVID-19: Fresh Start of California Response
As a place for those in need of treatment, Fresh Start of California is taking significant steps to continue serving clients, their families, and prospective clients affected by substance abuse and addiction while simultaneously responding to the spread of COVID-19. Our entire staff and treatment team is dedicated to helping public health leaders contain this pandemic without slowing our efforts to meet the critical needs of those struggling with addiction.
- Established a Coronavirus Incident Command Team and a dedicated Incident Command Center to lead our monitoring, planning, decision-making and communication—overseen and driven by our chief medical officer and chief nursing officer.
- We have implemented site-specific pandemic response plans, allowing us to:
- Check all patients and staff for fever, which is noted as the most common symptom of COVID-19
- Screen prospective clients for symptoms, international travel, and exposure to someone with a known case of COVID-19
- Ensure diligent infection control and prevention, sanitation, as well as hygiene
- Respond immediately to any emerging situation
- Eliminate non-essential business travel and off-site patient activities through the end of April to reduce the risk of exposure.
- Monitori information and implementing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, as well as state and local public health authorities.
Fresh Start of California will remain diligent in monitoring and responding to this pandemic as it evolves, taking any steps necessary to protect our patients, staff, families, and friends. Concurrently, we remain devoted to assisting new patients in need of help and providing top-tier treatment to our clients.
-The Treatment Team at Fresh Start of California.
If you or someone you love is struggling with alcohol of drug addiction and is in need of treatment, please contact our team right away. We are ready to help!