Community Begins with Rehabilitation at Fresh Start of California
Recovery requires strength and courage to walk away from the friends, community, and family that you have been around all of your life. It asks you to begin anew and create a new set of friends, a new life, and a new community. Walking away from the past leaves a void, one that creates an opportunity for a new, healthier, stable community.
The community found in a supportive family, sober friends, and rehabilitation mentors is powerful. It provides the platform for stability and confidence in sobriety. At Fresh Start of California, our team of Orange County recovery professionals works with you to create a tailor-made recovery program. We understand that each patient needs a different community in which to thrive.
If you are ready to live a new life, in sobriety, contact the team at Fresh Start of California. We are here for you 24/7.
The Opportunity in a Sober Community
Forming a community is a key component to a successful, long-term recovery from addiction. Although you have to detach from unhealthy, addiction-based relationships, recovery creates the opportunity for stronger relationships based on sobriety. This new community gives you the power to take on each new day knowing that you are supported by people who believe in you.
A recovery community provides an opportunity for:
- Providing the “soul food” of giving back to those less fortunate. Helping those who are less fortunate has the power to warm the heart when you may be feeling weary.
- Helping others who are new to recovery. As your time in sobriety passes, you can help others see the light that you once did not see. You may be the one person who can inspire change in a faltering addict.
- Enjoying socializing again. You may feel very alone at the start of your recovery. Knowing that you have to leave old friends behind, or even family members may make socializing seem like a far-off dream. A sober community is a stable and safe place to spread your socializing wings again.
- Developing a sense of purpose and belonging. You may find, once you uncover your true self from beneath addiction, that you have a purpose that makes you unique and amazing. Belonging to a community that has a spirit of gratitude is a very powerful thing.
- Learning new skills. Rehabilitation and recovery change how time is spent, offering the opportunity to learn new skills, try new hobbies, and do new activities. In these times, you form bonds out of mutual excitement and curiosity.
- Revealing commonalities. Community shows you that you are not alone, which can prove to be of great value if you are struggling or need an understanding ear to listen.
- Offering examples of successful recovery. Mentors, sober counselors, and sponsors can give you hope when you have none of your own. Their success stories may be what you need to get through a rough patch.
- Holding you accountable. Accountability to yourself and others may be something you did not worry about in active addiction. It also may be something some feel is a burden, but being accountable builds trust, character, and confidence as you walk through life.
Find Your Power in Sobriety
Fresh Start of California offers a different path to our patients than the one they know. Our Orange County detox and recovery teams provide individual and group therapies, counseling, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation that can build a strong foundation for a sober life. We are here to support you in becoming the best version of yourself. One that is clear-minded, confident in decisions, and able to do anything that you put your mind to.
Take the first step in recovery. Call the Orange County recovery specialists at Fresh Start of California now.