The Advantages of Out of State Detox and Rehab
The decision to go to rehab is a big one and one that holds the weight of a new life. It is crucial to find a facility that you can have confidence in and one that you will feel comfortable spending a good amount of time in. At Fresh Start of California, you can count on our Orange County detox and rehab team to provide top-notch care and an environment for growth. The choice to go out of state for rehab is a big decision with numerous benefits. We understand that our patients from out of state needed a big change to make the journey to sobriety, and we are happy to help get new patients settled in.
If you are considering an out of state rehab or have questions about detox and rehab services at Fresh Start of California in Orange County, contact our team. We can help you make sure that you are choosing the best place for your recovery.
Contact Fresh Start of California today.
7 Advantages of Out of State Detox and Rehab
There are many advantages of getting away from the town where your addiction grew and starting your recovery journey somewhere new. If you are unsure about where to go, the advantages of out of state recovery listed below may be helpful in your decision. Remember, the choice is a privilege, and the first step in your recovery journey.
- A fresh start. Removing yourself from the environment in which your addiction grew, you have the physical separation and disconnection needed to truly change. Remove yourself from daily influences, triggers, and external factors that feed your addiction by going away from home.
- Commitment. The commitment required to leave home, leave the town you are accustomed to, is a big one. Leaving your security net behind to go to a detox and rehab out of state helps to solidify the decision to move forward into a sober life.
- Quality of care. Sometimes your town or city does not offer the treatment that you need, or a facility that is out of state will better suit your individual needs.
- Journey mindset. The path to recovery is truly a journey. Traveling to a new state, no matter by train, plane, or car, is a journey in itself that signifies the changes you are about to make.
- Deter relapse. Being away from your triggers and sources to use makes it harder to relapse. If you are in a new state, the idea of running away from your rehab facility or checking yourself out may be deterred by the distance and the unknown location.
- Privacy and gossip. Leaving town for treatment gives you the opportunity for anonymity and privacy. This is especially true of times when you have to inform your boss or family members where you are going, or why you are leaving. If you are in a facility near your home, you may be facing the possibility of being there with someone you know or a person who can spread the “news”. Traveling out of state for treatment offers a lessened chance of gossip, recognition, and small-town talk.
- Unique treatment. Many states offer treatment facilities that are unique to their climate. California rehabs boast beautiful weather and may have mountain or beach views, while Utah or Arizona facilities may have desert and canyon views and activities. If you have the privilege of choosing your facility, choose one that offers activities that are going to help make your treatment easier, better, or more enjoyable.
Detox and Rehab at Fresh Start of California
The holistic approach and individualized treatment options at Fresh Start of California provide a unique and special recovery experience. We take pride in offering every patient a treatment plan that is suited to his or her individual needs. Our team of doctors and specialists are here to make your recovery as painless as possible while working to uncover the foundations that created your addiction. Let us help you take the steps to sobriety that will change your life, whether you are a California native or coming from out of state.
Call Fresh Start of California today to learn hour our Orange County Detox and Rehab team can help you.