The Importance of Celebrating Small Victories in Sobriety
Celebrate Milestones to Keep Sobriety at the Mind’s Forefront
In life and recovery, the small moments are what keep us going when things get rough. Despite the culture in America of “win big” and “go big or go home,” daily goals and milestones are what will add up to reach our bigger goals. Whether you are new to recovery, are struggling with a risk of relapse, or are hoping to reinforce your sobriety, celebrating the “small” victories can help. Milestones mark progress towards a bigger or longer reaching goal, so they are an integral part of recovering from addiction as well as recovery in general.
When you need professional support in detox and recovery, call on the experts at Orange County’s Fresh Start of California. We are here to help you start a new life in sobriety. It is never too late.
Reach Daily Goals in Recovery with Fresh Start of California
Although detox and rehabilitation are major milestones and victories in the fight against addiction, at Fresh Start of California we understand that the push for constant progress can be exhausting. Small celebrations of victory may be just what you need to keep moving forward in your journey of sobriety.
How do small victories and celebrations help your recovery?
- Recognizing small milestones boosts confidence.
- Celebrating small victories increases motivation to continue the fight against addiction.
- Milestones reinforce the strength of your accomplished sobriety.
- Small victories, when celebrated, help to take your focus off of the negative.
Ways to Celebrate Your Recovery Milestones and Victories
Once you are out on your own and no longer in a recovery facility, there are many ways to continue to reinforce the lessons you have learned. What are some ways to keep track of and celebrate your victories?
- Write down anniversaries (weekly, monthly, yearly) to keep track of every day that you are victorious over addiction.
- Recognize when you have reached a personal milestone and share it with others. Celebrate your victory, you are worthy of recognition.
- Include supportive friends and family in your celebrations.
- Choose rewards for yourself that match the size of your milestones. As the milestones get bigger, the rewards or celebrations can grow, as well.
- Share your victories and milestones that you reach with others as a way to inspire and encourage them on their sober journey.
Fresh Start of California: Your Orange County Recovery Team
Sobriety seldom can be reached alone. If you are battling an addiction to drugs or alcohol, getting ahold of your life from the grips of a substance is a feat in itself. Victory begins the first day you decide to make a change and every day of resistance from there forward. When you choose to make a change, let the team of Orange County detox and rehabilitation specialists at Fresh Start of California be your guides. We understand that every person’s addiction story is different, and we can create an individual treatment plan that is fit to meet your individual needs.
Don’t let addiction win the battle for your life, take the power back and find allies at Fresh Start of California. We are here to work with you and start your journey to recovery.
Call Fresh Start of California today and claim your first win.