The Empowerment of Bringing in the New Year Sober
We often celebrate the New Year as a chance to start fresh, a chance for resolutions, and a way to remember the positive things throughout the year. When you are in recovery, there is so much to celebrate. You are given a new chance at life and a new outlook through sober, healthy eyes. At Fresh Start of California, the patients in our Orange County detox and rehabilitation center are provided the tools and life skills to succeed in sober living. We understand that it may take some time to find happiness being sober, but we are hopeful and encouraging to all that there is so much to be joyful about.
Celebrate sobriety while enjoying the start of a new year by remembering the empowerment that sobriety offers. If you need help with your recovery journey, contact the Orange County detox and rehabilitation professionals at Fresh Start of California. We are here 24/7.
Call Fresh Start of California now.
7 Reasons to Feel Empowered for New Years
If you are feeling down or your confidence in sobriety is lacking, take a moment to take stock of all of the reasons to be proud. Let our list below be your starting point and remember that you have plenty of reasons to celebrate and share your journey this New Years’.
- You are in control. Sobriety gives you the gift of control over your life. You are no longer under the control of a substance so you can now be the one who determines your responsibilities, goals, and consequences.
- You have choices. You can choose where, how, when, and with whom you celebrate New Year’s Eve and the rest of your life. You are in charge of your life now, no one and nothing else.
- Your body has changed. Sobriety will help improve your health, your looks, and your emotional and mental state. Sobriety brings you back to life, emotionally, mentally, and physically, all the way to a cellular level inside of your body. It eliminates substance-related bloating, improves the shine of your hair, decreases body fat from empty calories in alcoholic drinks, and improves your body weight ratio of fat to muscle.
- You have opportunities. Sobriety opens up doors that would otherwise be closed while in addiction. Whether you want to go back to school, start a passion project, start new relationships, or get a new job, sobriety is key to the success of your endeavors.
- You can experience emotions. Much of what we learn in recovery is the spirit of humility and gratitude. Humility and gratitude are empowering because they give you a completely different perspective than one of being guarded and defensive. Find power in vulnerability.
- You are the main character. You are rewriting your life story starting with recovery and you are the new main character. In your old life, your substance was the main character, but this is no longer the case.
- You have new energy. You can walk into a room with confidence, exuding the energy that you know is positive, sober, and valuable. Be secure and confident that you can experience life with curiosity and excitement, giving your energy to what you choose.
The Empowerment of Freedom
The biggest thing to celebrate this New Years’ is the empowerment of freedom from the prison of addiction. Addiction robs you of opportunity, freedom of choice, and the health that comes with sobriety. You have so much to live for, so why not take advantage of the opportunity to celebrate your sober life on New Year’s Eve? Give yourself the credit you deserve. Whether you just started your sober journey or have years under your belt, find a reason to feel powerful today knowing you took back control from drugs and alcohol.
Call on the recovery professionals at Fresh Start of California for detox and rehabilitation options in Orange County if you need support in sobriety. You are not alone. Contact our team today and get started.